Join a National Community of Advocates
NOVA's Network of Advocates is Growing Around the World. Become a Member Today!
The field of victim advocacy is tough. Don’t go at it alone. Join NOVA’s growing national network of professionals and gain access to a diverse community of advocates who are also doing the work.
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting out, you will be able to connect and learn from other members, get access to resources, and sharpen your skills through engaging webinars, exclusive training, and more! Hear from experts in the field of victim advocacy and gain the tools to make an even greater impact in the lives of trauma survivors.
Become a NOVA member today and start growing your career in the field of advocacy and crisis response! Together, we can continue to expand this powerful support system and national community of advocates.
Explore the NOVA map to see all the cities where our members are located across the globe!
Become a NOVA Member
With NOVA Membership, you gain access to:
- All exclusive National Advocacy Leadership Center (NALC) benefits, including entry into NOVA’s Members-Only portal
- NALC’s Monthly CEU Trainings for Victim Assistance Professionals. Stay on the top trends and best practices while meeting the continuing education requirements for NACP and D-SAACP!
- Member-only benefits at NOVA’s Annual Career Development Fair to help you advance your career.
- Advocate Wellness and Sustainability: New events, tools, and resources that will support you in the critical work you do throughout the year.
- NOVA Pop Culture Discussion Group: A new discussion group dedicated to talking about victimization and survivor representation in television, pop culture and media.
- Lunch and Learns: In this informal meeting, partner organizations will share innovative tools and toolkits that will help you in the survivor services field.
- Entry into the NOVA Member LinkedIn Group: Network with other professionals! Share job openings, resources and more in this group of peers.
- Access to NOVA Academy Scholarships: Apply for need-based scholarships to attend NOVA’s academies.
- Reduced registration fees for the NOVA Annual Conference, NOVA’s Crisis Response Training and Online Academies.
- Quarterly NOVA Member E-Newsletter, full of information about upcoming continuing education opportunities, current news and alerts to help you stay informed and up-to-date with the latest trainings and professional developments.
- Discounts on NOVA merchandise.
- Eligibility to Join the NOVA Board: All NOVA Members have the ability to run for the NOVA Board after being a member for at least one year. Join our board and impact the future of victim advocacy and crisis response! Also, receive voting privileges to elect members of our Board of Directors.
NOVA Membership: $100
Senior/Student/U.S. Military/Volunteer Victim Advocate/NVAA Alumni/CRT Alumni (20% Discount): $80
Once an advocate, always an advocate: NOVA Lifetime Membership
NOVA Lifetime Members receive all the great benefits of NOVA Membership for their life. No additional payments or renewals. Lifetime Members also receive exclusive perks like free NOVA swag and access to special events.
NOVA Lifetime Membership: $750
Group Discounts Available! (20% off 5 or more memberships from the same agency) Inquire at [email protected].
Check out our frequently asked questions below:
Contact NOVA’s Senior Community Relations Manager, Mariel Branagan Jewell at [email protected]!
A life membership allows you to join an exclusive cadre of NOVA members who receive all NOVA member benefits year after year at no additional charge.
We offer several discounted membership options:
Group membership – 5 or more individuals from the same agency
Senior membership – available to individuals 60+ years old
Student membership – available to current students at any educational level
Military membership – available to all active-duty, reservist, National Guard, and advocates employed by the DoD or DHS
Volunteer Victim Advocate – available to individuals volunteering their time as a victim advocate
NVAA Alum – Available to graduates of NOVA’s Victim Assistance Academy
No, NACP and D-SAACP are separate programs from the NOVA membership.
Unfortunately, NOVA does not offer agency memberships at this time. We do offer group discounts for 5 or more staff from the same agency. See above.
We are pleased to offer a group discount for 5 or more staff from the same agency. Please contact us for more information: 703-535-6682 or [email protected].
To purchase memberships for more than one person, you can either sign each person up online separately, or we would be happy to process a bulk payment if you contact our office at 703-535-6682 or [email protected].
Yes, memberships can be paid for by check. There must be a note included with the check of who the membership is for or else we will not be able to process the payment.
Other questions? Contact NOVA’s Senior Community Relations Manager, Mariel Branagan Jewell at [email protected]!